If you are looking for ways to treat your sciatica, then you need to find the right treatments that will work best for you and your needs. There are many ways to treat sciatica and it is important to find the right ways that will work for you and the level of pain that you are experiencing. You will want to be sure that you try conservative and non surgical ways first before you decide to get sciatica surgery unless you have been in pain for a long time and it is recommended by your neurosurgeon.
However, before you opt for sciatica surgery, you will want to try out your other options first. There are numerous ways to treat sciatica and you will want to be sure that you know your options before you begin sciatica treatments. Of course, you will want to work with a doctor who can help you find the right options for you and your needs. Listed here are several ways to treat sciatica:
- Take over the counter pain relievers. You can start treating your pain by taking over the counter pain relievers which will work to relieve your pain while also working to reduce inflammation at the same time. If you want to find the right medication combination, then you will need to visit your doctor or neurosurgeon in order to get a better idea of what you are looking for.
- Take muscle relaxers. You will also want to consider taking muscle relaxers in order to relieve your tense muscles that could be causing pain around your sciatic nerve.
- Antidepressants for lower back pain. You can also consider taking antidepressants for your lower back in order to ease the tension in your back.
- Physical therapy. Bedrest is not recommended for this type of pain as it can make everything worse. Rather, you will want to focus on relieving the pain through the right exercises that could potentially help to heal the problem.
- Acupuncture. You can also consider acupuncture in order to relieve the stress off the nerve and to release the pain.
As you can see, there are many different options that come along with treating sciatica and choosing the right way to treat your sciatic pain is up to you and your doctor. If you are feeling a lot of pain, then you will want to consider visiting a neurologist or even a neurosurgeon in order to get a better idea of how to alleviate the pain. You can find the right neurosurgeon by asking around, getting referrals or asking your doctor.
If you want to go with the best of the best, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in spinal care and can help you find the right ways to alleviate your back pain as well as alleviating the pain that you are experiencing on your sciatic nerve. So, don’t hesitate to contact them right away so they can help you find everything that you need for your sciatic pain.