When it comes to finding the right dog that has the right temperament and a hypoallergenic coat, then there is no better choice than an Australian cobberdog. If you are looking for the right dog that can work as a therapy dog or can provide assistance to someone in need, then this is the perfect dog for you. A cobberdog is a pure bred labradoodle that has been bred to work as a helper dog so it works for all types of people, both children and the elderly.
Once you have decided to get an Australian cobberdog, then you will want to find the right breeder that can provide you with a pure bred puppy that has been socialized properly and early. You will also want to inquire about their diet as well as the amount of attention that they have on a daily basis from people or other dogs. Once you have selected your Australian cobberdog and found the right cobberdog puppy for you, then you will need to know how to properly care for it. Listed here are several of the ways to properly care for your cobberdog:
- Establish routines. You will want to start by establishing routes for crate training and taking your puppy out at the same time every morning. You will want to do this for crate training and potty training. Your breeder should have started this already (something to look for in the right breeder) and you will want to be sure that you also follow through with the clicker and reward in order to help them go at the right time in the right places.
- Nutrition is key. You will want to be sure to feed them high quality dog food, particularly grain free kibble, which will work best for them.
- Exercise is important. It is important to allow your puppy to run around and play several times a day. If you are crate training, then you won’t want to leave them in the crate longer than an hour at a time at the beginning. Don’t exercise them too much, just keep it at very short walks at the beginning.
- Grooming tips. You will want to make sure that you don’t bathe them often. You only really need to groom them every 4-6 weeks.
- Lots of love. Of course, give your puppy lots of love!
As you can see, there are some basic tips that you can follow in order to ensure the health of your cobberdog. You will want to be sure that you start crate training your puppy right away as well. If you need to find the right breeder, then you will want to find one that is in the right location for you as well as one that offers the right tools for your new puppy. You can start by contacting the experts over at Highlands Australian Cobberdogs right away. They are the leading experts in raising cobberdogs and can help you find the right one for you and your family.